Fire Department Operational Review
Pomax completed an operational review of the Miramichi Fire Department to identify opportunities for improving effectiveness and efficiency in:
- Fire prevention, and public education programs;
- Staffing levels;
- Vehicles and equipment, maintenance program, replacement cycles;
- Dispatch and radio systems;
- Mutual and automatic aid agreements;
- Community risk;
- Response performance;
- Station locations;
- Training program, and policies;
- By-laws, policies, and standard operating guidelines; and
- Governance, and organizational structure.
The operational review report was quickly approved by council and the city has moved forward with implementing recommendations.