Jon Hambides has expert knowledge of the operation and administration of emergency services throughout North America as well as in-depth knowledge of best practices and benchmarking in the emergency services industry. He specializes in strategic analysis, operational and master planning, project management, organizational design, emergency services analysis, communications, recruitment and selection, staffing analysis, and feasibility studies.
In addition to personally leading the full spectrum of public safety projects completed by Pomax, Jon’s 30 year career included as Manager of Resource Development for Emergency Medical Services with the Ministry of Health where he was responsible for:
- Leadership of the province’s EMS emergency response preparedness program
- Leadership of education and training programs for 5,000 paramedics and communications staff
- System wide occupational health and safety
- System-wide evaluation, testing, and purchase of advanced life support and basic life support patient care equipment used in 1200 ambulances and support vehicles
- Paramedic certification programs and exams
- And strategic leadership for the operation and amalgamation of 21 EMS communications centers in the largest state run EMS system in the world at that time